Sunday, March 2, 2014

A much needed rest

          This was my first weekend in Santa Rita, and it was perfect!  This last week was really tiring having to get used to everything new and adjusting to a completely different lifestyle and schedule.  I was honestly physically tired from speaking so much Spanish!  So when they told us the trip to Panama city was off due to road closures for Carnival, I couldn't have been happier!  My host family is gone to Las Tablas until Wednesday, its a few hours away where all of the really big celebrations for Carnival are taking place.  I have had the house to myself all day this weekend, and its been a great time to decompress and get stuff done that I needed to get done.  On Saturday I started this blog and got laundry done during the day, and at night a few of my friends came over to talk.  It was a very relaxing day and I really needed it!
          Today was fantastic too!  I went and "pasear-ed" (a spanglish verb we use to mean "go to people's houses to talk") with a lot of my friends who live about 10 minutes away.  I live pretty removed from everyone else, so it was nice to go into that grouping of houses to see what it was like.  Then my friends came over to my house and we hung out and shared movies/tv shows.  I have so many now I will be set for a while!  This week is filled with a lot of fun stuff, and then this weekend I will be leaving to go visit a volunteer and stay with her in her site for a whole week!  Off to do homework now (its like I'm back in college!)

1 comment: