Saturday, March 1, 2014

Un dia tipica

          It's another beautiful day here in Panama!  Yesterday was our second day of classes, and the first day with my new Spanish teacher.  Her name is Ines and she is very nice.  They split up my original class which had 6 people in it into two groups of 3, which is great because I work best in small groups.  I have my Spanish class in the morning from 8-11:45 and then I have my technical PC class in the afternoon from 1-5.  In my technical class we focus most on teaching English and other pertinent PC information.  Its held in the town's computer center and is the only building with air conditioning, que suerte!
           I am growing more and more fond of my living situation.  In addition to having a wonderful house, it is also very much a central meeting point for PC teachers and staff.  In the mornings, there are always at least 5 Spanish teachers eating breakfast with me.  This is an incredible opportunity for me because I can ask them anything and I am learning new things all the time!  And everyday for lunch the teacher and PC staff members come to my house for lunch, which is great because I love talking to everyone.  

           I feel better after spending some quality time with my host family last night.  Instead of doing my homework in my room like I did on the first night, last night I did it out in the living room and was able to spend time with my host family too.  It was really nice, and I don't want to create a divide between us if I'm always shut up in my room.  It is good practice for when I will live with my host family in my site, and I am learning a lot.  Yelin was watching tv last night, and it was interesting to see that they have many of the same shows that we do back in the states!  I had asked him which were his favorite actors, and I thought he said "Alexander" so I asked him "Alexander who?" and he repeated it and I still didn't get it.  But then I realized he was saying "Adam Sandler!"  It was a good bonding experience, he said he would take me to the movie theatre sometime soon! 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are bonding with your new family :) They are lucky to have you too!

    ReplyDelete